PE and Sport Premium
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. Ofsted will play a significant role in ensuring that schools target this funding in areas which will lead to clear outcomes in raising standards and opportunities in PE and school sport for all children throughout their Primary schooling. St. Edward's received a sum of £16,000.
At St. Edward's, the sport funding will be used to:
- Buy exciting and stimulating resources for use at break and lunchtimes
- Train all support staff on how to enhance break times by increasing range of physical activities.
- Sports coaches will be in the playground provided structured games activities every lunchtime.
- Increase participation in sport and PE by offering subsidized after-school sports coaching.
- Provide opportunities for the school to compete. We are working with Westminster Sports to give children the chance to represent our school and take part in competitive sports against other local schools.